To make this Chestnut Puree we roast some chestnuts and then sieve them until really smooth. The result is a rich puree that is versatile and very easy to use.
Chestnut Puree can be used in everything from stuffings, soups and sauces to baking and dessert recipes.
- Our Chestnut Puree is unsweetened, but you can make a sweetened puree by combining with caster sugar and beating the mixture until smooth. Try this sweetened puree on pancakes, with crepes, meringues or serve it over vanilla ice-cream
- To make a delicious soup you can also simply add Chestnut Puree to chicken stock and add in some chopped seasonal vegetables
- Add Chestnut Puree to mashed potato and fried onions for a delicious accompaniment to a juicy steak
- Add a few spoonfuls of Chestnut Puree to some wine and the pan juices from roasted beef or chicken. This makes a subtle sauce that will complement the flavour of the meat
- Make a chestnut cheesecake by mixing the cheesecake filling with Chestnut Puree, and serve with chocolate sauce