White Pearl Basmati Rice, grown and matured in the foothills of the Himalayas, deep in the heart of the Punjab. This gives our rice a unique distinctive aroma which results in a supreme taste, fit for a connoisseur. Its superior length makes it the ideal rice for biryani and when cooked, our grains don't stick, they pull apart for a perfect result.
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place away from direct heat.
- Perfect rice made right
- The extra long grain rice that does not stick when cooked
- Perfect for biryanis
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Produced of more than one country
- Pack Type: Bag - Plastic
Before cooking, rinse thoroughly in a sieve under cold running water. Measure the desired quantity of rice, 1 cup/250g (8oz) of uncooked rice provides 4 generous portions.
1. Fill a large saucepan with approximately four times as much water as rice (by volume). Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Add the rice, stir once and bring back to the boil. Boil rapidly uncovered for approximately 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
3. Drain well before serving.
1. Put twice as much water as rice (by volume) in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Add the rice, stir once and bring back to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer, replacing lid.
3. Allow the rice to cook for 15 minutes without disturbing.
4. If the liquid is not completely absorbed, cook for a few minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and allow pan to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Alternatively, for a softer grain pre-soak rice for 15 minutes, but then use only one and a half times as much water as rice (by volume) when cooking.