Tricolour Quinoa is one of the most common quinoa. Being a seed it can also be cooked as rice or barley. The tricolour grains are perfectly suitable for salads or any variety of dishes.
- It is important to highlight thet its protein content is higher than wheat and corn. Depending on the variety of quinoa, it can contain up to 23% of this nutrient. Its protein is complete, which means it has a high biological value.
- Unlike other seed, it is rich in amino acids such as lysine (important for proper brain development), arginine and histidine , basic for growth during childhood. Likewise, it is a high source of methionine and cystine.
- For all those who follow a vegetarian diet, quinoa consumption is crucial as it provides a complete protein and need not be supplemented with any other food.
- Fat content also varies, although up to 9%, highlighting the linoleic acid. This is an essential polyunsaturated fatty acid belonging to the omega 6 acids, precursor of several important cellular mediators essential for the proper functioning and stability of the membranes of the cells of our body, the development of the nervous system, the hormonal regulation of coagulation.
- Quinoa is highly digestible.
- Its glycemic index is very low, does not raise blood sugar levels after intake, being very suitable for diabetics (still in moderate amounts ) .
- Contains minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, and vitamins ( C , E, B1 , B2 and niacin). It is also an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber.
It has an exceptional balance of protein, fat, oil and starch . The protein content is high and that the embryo is a large part of the seed. The average grain protein is 16%, but may contain up to 23 %, more than double any other cereal. Besides the proteins are near the percentage that dictates the FAO for human nutrition. Quinoa proteins have a high degree of amino acid, lysin , methionine and cistina. The seed contains between 58 and 68% starch and 5% sugars, although the starch grains are quite small , they contain about 20% amylose, and form gels from 55 to 65 ° C. The fat content is 4 to 9% , in which half contains linoleic acid, essential to the human diet. Contains high levels of calcium and phosphorus.
- may contain traces of peanuts, nuts, sesame and gluten
- may contain pieces of stone
- energy kj 1423.0 g, kcal 337.0 g
- fat 5.0 g of which saturates 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 55.7 g of which sugars 6.2 g
- fibre 7.0
- protein 13.8
- salt 2.0
The above details inherent to the product have been prepared in order to help you select appropriate products, notice that products and their ingredients are liable to change and that Regency Foods Ltd is not the manufacturer of the product sold on its e-commerce website. Even though we work for clean and correct information of the products we accurately choose, manufacturers may change their product information. Packaging and materials may contain different information than shown on our website. We invite you to read the labels and the product’s description before consuming and not to rely completely on the description found on the Regency Foods website. For any product queries please contact the manufacturer and perceive that your legal rights weren’t affected by this notice.
This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Regency Foods's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.