Rapeseed Oil has the lowest saturated fat of any culinary oil and less than half that of Olive Oil. In recent years Mediterranean produced Olive Oil has tended to overtake sunflower and vegetable oils in popularity and has been perceived as a healthy alternative. However Rapeseed Oil in fact naturally replicates a diet of low saturated fat found in olive oil and good essential omega oils normally obtained from fish.
- Contains the lowest saturated fat content of any oil – less than half that of Olive Oil.
- Has 10 times more Omega 3 than Olive Oil.
- It is a good source of Vitamin E.
- High in monounsaturated fats.
- Contains no artificial preservatives and is trans-fat and GM free.
- It is suitable for a variety of diets – vegetarian, gluten-free, Kosher and Halal.
- It is safe to cook at high temperatures with a burning point of 230°C much higher than Olive Oil.
Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil can be used like every other cooking oil like sunflower, olive and vegetable oils.
- Frying and Deep fat frying.
- Sauces e.g Mayonnaise and salad dressing.