Maca Powder is a Pleasant tasting root is usually available in powder form after being harvested and grounded down.The maca root benefits include a positive effect on hormone balance, energy levels, and a health booster.
Maca Nutrition Facts
Maca root powder is comprised of approximately 18% protein, 76.5% carbohydrates, 5% fat, and 8.5% fiber (indigestible carbohydrates). Maca provides a powerful source of nutrition, including:
- Over 20 amino acids, including 8 essential amino acids
- 20 free-form fatty acids (such as lauric, linolenic, palmitic acid, oleic and steric acid)
- Vitamins B-1, B-2, C and E
Maca is also a rich source of phytonutrients.
There is no particular recommended serving size of maca according to experts, however most people feel best when starting with about 1 tablespoon daily (in powder form) and possibly working their way up to 2-3 tablespoons, spread throughout the day. Because maca can help increase energy and stamina, many people like to consume it before exercising.
In the Andes Mountain, locals may consume as much as a pound of dried or fresh maca root daily. Most people supplement with 1g to 20g daily in powder form.
- Help with hormone balance that often contributes to improving the symptoms of PMS and Menopause.
- Increasing fertility
- Maca has positive effects on energy, stamina, and mood. Maintaining positive energy levels is related to having lower levels of anxiety and depression, both of which maca has been shown to positively help achieve.
- Antioxidant Booster. Maca root has the ability to help prevent the development of chronic human diseases that are characterized by high levels of “bad” cholesterol, high antioxidative states, and impaired glucose tolerance.
Maca Powder Enerzing Smothie
Frozen bananas, plant milk, peanut butter, maca powder, and pure vanilla extract — go into this smoothie.
Add them to a blender, blend on high until ultra-smooth, and serve