3 Ingredients Japanese Cheesecake | Regency Foods Wholesaler
Delicious light, pillowy Japanese Cheesecake
- 125g Cream cheese, soften at room temperature
- 120g Callebaut 27.5% White Chocolate Callets
- 3 extra large eggs, cold, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Line the base of a 7″ round cake pan(fixed base) with parchment paper and grease the sides with butter, set aside.
Separate the eggs and leave egg whites to chill in the fridge until ready to use, this helps ensure a more stable meringue.
- Fill a saucepan with water to about half full. Bring the water to a full boil. Turn off the heat. Place white chocolate Callets in a large mixing bowl and set it over the saucepan (make sure the bowl is bigger than the sauce pan). Stir chocolate till smooth.
- Add cream cheese and mix till smooth.
- Remove mixing bowl from the saucepan. Add the egg yolks, with a balloon whisk, whisk to combine. Add vanilla extract (if using), whisk to combine, set aside.
In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until the egg whites reaches the stiff peak stage. (Take care not to over beat the egg whites. Since there is no sugar added, it takes a very short time to reach the stiff peak stage.)
- Add the beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture in 3 separate additions, each time fold with a spatula (I used a balloon whisk) until just blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan lightly on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
- Place cake pan in a baking tray. Fill the baking tray with some hot water.
- Place on lower rack of the oven and bake at 170°C for 15 mins. Lower the temperature to 160°C and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn off the oven temperature and leave the cake inside the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Remove cake pan from oven and leave the cake to cool. Refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours. Dust with icing sugar if desired.
- Essential Lines
- Baking Ingredients
- Bar Essentials
- Beer & Cider
- Bouillons, Gravies & Soups
- Breakfast Cereals
- Canapé Food
- Champagne & Wine
- Chinese, Thai
- Cooking Chocolate
- Cooking Wines & Ports
- Crisps & Snacks
- Dried Fruits
- Frozen Foods
- Fruits Canned
- Fruit Purees
- Herbs, Spices, Seeds & Salt & Pepper
- Hot Drinks
- Jam , Honey & Spreads
- Liqueurs & Syrups
- Meat & Fish
- Mexican & Caribbean
- Organic Foods
- Pickles, Relishes & Olives
- Porcini & Truffles
- Rice, Couscous & Grains
- Soft Drinks
- Spirits & Vermouths
- Sugar, Syrups & Toppings
- Tomato Products
- Vegetables Canned / Oil
- Seasonal Lines
- Food Packing & Storage
- Cleaning Products & Equipment
- About Us
- Shipping & Returns
- Contact Us